Thursday, June 30, 2011

Waltzingmouse July Release ~ Day 3

Have you been enjoying the Waltzingmouse Sneak Peeks? I am so in love with all of these sets. Claire has really outdone herself. If that's possible. Today I'm peeking two sets: You're Lovely, which has a beautiful gown, a couture dress form, and accessories as well as some wonderful sentiments. The second set I've included on this card is Flourishes~Scallops~ dots which has gorgeous flourishes in a variety of sizes....*sigh*...be still my heart.

Now, for my card, I started by stamping the gown, with Versamark, onto some Gabrielle Collection (BoBunny) dp, and Vellum and embossing them with white ep. I then added the dotted bustier image to the vellum piece. After that I added some Viva Decor Opaq White dots with glitter. I wanted to add some design to the lower half of the gown, so I embossed it with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Embossing folder. (hint: Do this before attaching dress. I decided to do this after I was finished, so I stamped the dress onto vellum again and repeated the embossing and cut off the bottom half.) The dress and sentiment are mounted onto a Layer I made by diecutting some dp with the Labels 4 die by Spellbinders.

The panel trio in the background consists of three layers: White cs, then the Gabrielle Collection dp, and another layer of vellum with the Flourishes embossed in White. I also embossed the sentiment directly onto the dp and cut it out freehand.

Lastly, I added some Seam Binding Ribbon, a button, some silver cording, and some I-Roc Rhinestones. I used a Tim Holtz Mini Heart diecut for the heart and added some Melissa Frances Glass Glitter to it.

eta: To get the glass glitter to stick to the heart without some flaking off, I just put a square of cs, large enough for the heart, onto some Scor-Tape (double stick tape) and diecut it together. I then just peel off the one layer, sprinkle on the Glass Glitter and burnish it with my fingertip. Now, even if I rub it with my fingers, nothing flakes off.

Whew...that was a lot of details to include for just one card. Hope you were able to bear with me. Now, I was the last member of the hop. I hope you've enjoyed all the inspiration. Tomorrow's the release, and there are prizes to be had, so be sure to stop by again.

Since it's Thursday, it's also time for a CCEE Stamper's Challenge, and Frances is challenging everyone to use electronic cutters if you have them. I don't own one, so I just used my trusty Cuttlebug to cut out my Labels 4 and heart die. Be sure to check out what the other gals have come up with over at the CCEE Stamper's Blog.

Now, here's the WMS hop list in case you've missed some along the way:

Anya Shrier
Belinda Chang Langner
Bonnie Sharp
Claire Brennan
Jennifer Holmes
Julia Aston
Kate Whelan
Laurie Schmidlin
Lynn Mercurio
Mona Pendleton
Niki Estes
Sandie Dunne
Sarah Martina Parker
____________________________________________________

Card Supplies:
Stamps: You're Lovely and Flourishes~Scallops~Dots (Waltzingmouse)
Paper: Vellum, Gabrielle Collection (BoBunny), White (PTI)
Ink: Versamark
Accessories: Labels 4 (Spellbinders), Diecut Heart (Tim Holtz~Sizzix), Glass Glitter (Melissa Frances), Seam Binding Ribbon (MamrieMare), Button (PTI), Rhinestones (I-Roc), Silver Cording and Sewing Machine, White acrylic paint, White ep, Swiss Dots Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug)

39 comments:

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

Woooweeee totally delish!!! this is a stunner, love love love it


Ali x

Kary said...

Hi Tosha! This card is Absolutely Beautiful!!! I love, LOVE it!! The flourishes in the background is lovely and the dress is amazing!! I've run out of descriptive words... Great job!! {hugs}

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card - the layers, the colors, the design - just perfect!!

A Consuming Passion said...

Stunning card!!!!

Bonnie said...

Simply lovely Tosha! So soft and pretty and just gorgeous!

Deborah Frings said...

Wow!!! This is just so pretty, soft, feminine and gorgeous! You ladies have excelled yourselves. Love it!

Julia Aston said...

Beautiful design on this stunning card Tosh! love that sparkly heart and the wonderful embossing and dots on your pretty dress!

JJ Bolton said...

How beautiful!! So many wonderful details!

May I ask why type of glue do you use for that glass glitter? I have the same type and I my glitter keeps falling off (finding it all over the house:)

Cindy Haffner said...

Tosh this is just STUNNING!!~

Stamp like you mean it said...

Sistah, if ever a card was purely dreamy, this is it! Every sweet element dances with the other. Outstanding what you have done with these images. Your heart is all over your work, and again, I am amazed LYMI

Luanne said...

Oh my, this is fabulous! So sweet!

Cassie_lu said...

beautiful vellum dress.

Carola said...

Very beautiful card, Tosha. I like the soft colours and the dress on vellum looks great.

Kind regards
Carola

Darlene Gabriel said...

How soft, feminine and romantic - this card is gorgeous. I see so many possibilities with this dress - this set looks like it'll be a must have. Love that heart!

Karen M said...

Wow! So, so fabulous! Pretty, sweet and feminine, totally gorgeous xx

Mona Pendleton said...

Fabulous card Tosha! Love the polka dot gown and the embossed sentiment!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

Lovely!

Gabriela said...

Tosha - I'm just swooning over your "You're Lovely" card. That Gabrielle DP is sheer perfection! But then I would expect nothing less after any DP that's named Gabrielle. Your card is the prettiest thing I've ever seen. It is so special and exudes such sweetness. Goodness, how I adore your beautiful card!

Marisa said...

Gorgeous card, Tosh! Love the soft colours and feel to it. The dress is gorgeous as is the glittered heart.

Sarah Martina said...

Your work for this release has been nothing short of spectacular! Love it all!

anya said...

Just gorgeous, Tosh! Totally stunning!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! Gorgeous! Gorgeous! Gorgeous! Love the vellum dress and the flourished BG, every detail is just so darn pretty and feminine!! Stunning - as are all of your creations - If I were you, I would frame everything you make!!! Hugs Tosha!! Thank you!!

wannabcre8tive said...

Tosh, this is fabulous. I love this elegant girlie card. So charming.

Helen L said...

Your card is just a knock-out!! WOW!! The three panels behind the main images is so extra beautiful!!

Betty Wright said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Tosh! WOW! So elegant with so many scrumptious details!

Traci M said...

This is stunning...yet so soft and feminine, Tosh! I love these stamps and what you are doing with all of them!!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Holy cow, Tosha. I'm totally in love with the pink - the vellum and those white ink images. A feminine dream. Absolutely GORGEOUS!

B said...

Wow, this is stunning! The swirls are just fabulous on the pp and the dress!!!!! It looks perfect embossed that way! WOW!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, Tosh, this is just lovely! The vellum adds such a dreamy soft quality to an already very feminine card. So pretty!

Kim Burmeister said...

BEAUTIFUL! Lynn, you are awesome!

Wanda Cullen said...

Geez, this is BEYOND gorgeous! It's the ultimate feminine creation and this set takes me back to my days of playing with paper dolls...so fun to dress up the image! You've sold it to me - lol!

Davi said...

A Beautiful card you created!! Love the soft feminine colors and the dress.

www.cricutcraftyclare.blogspot.com said...

I have that swiss dot folder, now all I need is the You're Lovely Set! thanks for the inspiration

Judi Szyndrowski said...

Oh, this is just lovely. So very soft and feminine. Great job.

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Oh, Tosh....this is so exquisitely gorgeous, soft, and feminine. Beautiful, beautiful design work, my friend, with all the fabulous details. I just keep looking at it!!

Di's Crafty Flair said...

Wow, really demonstrated how creative one can be using stamps. I am so impressed. Love your card, great inspiration.

Joanne (jojot) said...

so fabulously feminine in the soft pinks...wonderful detail work...love it, Tosh

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my so soft and gorgeous, the vellum is so pretty and love the glass glitter on the heart

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous work of art! All the details are spectacular! Love it!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs